The trick to making these pizza-taschen is pinching those corners together super tight. When they come out of the oven, you may need to pinch again as they cool. I like using a combination of mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses, but use whatever you have or prefer. A touch of ricotta, fontina or pecorino would also be delicious.
- 1 lb store-bought pizza dough
- store-bought tomato or marinara sauce (around 1 cup)
- shredded mozzarella and Parmesan cheese (around 1 1/2 cups)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface.
- Using a cookie or biscuit cutter, cut dough into rounds. Add small amount of tomato sauce and cheese in the middle of each round (around 1 tsp each of sauce and cheese)
- Pinch up corners very tightly into a triangle. Place on parchment paper.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes on top of parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Serve with additional tomato sauce for dipping if desired.