Edmonton’s Team Pollock supports ALS Research and Services

Edmonton ALS Walk 2018

(Edmonton) – Friends and family members gathered at the Edmonton ALS Walk on June 9 to lovingly remember Norm Pollock z”l who battled the disease for 5 years before he passed away in 2012. Money raised at the ALS Walk goes toward research and services for members of the ALS Society of Alberta whose lives are affected by it.

The ALS Society of Alberta strives to make each day the best possible day for people living with and affected by ALS. They achieve this by providing support, facilitating the provision of care, promoting awareness, helping find a cure and advocating for change. 60% of funds raised at the WALK for ALS are allocated to client support services in Alberta. This includes the equipment loan program, support groups, home visits, referrals and support for children through the Support for Champions program. The remaining 40% support ongoing ALS research across Canada through the National Research Program.

If you missed the Walk, you can still donate funds to alsab.ca. 

1 Comment on "Edmonton’s Team Pollock supports ALS Research and Services"

  1. Lerusha Petts | Jul 16, 2018 at 1:53 am | Reply

    My father had ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis) for 3 years His first symptoms were weakness in his hands and losing his balance which led to stumbling and falling. He never lost the ability to swallow or breathe. His one hand, then his legs, were affected first; then his arms. The Rilutek (riluzole) did very little to help him. The medical team did even less. His decline was rapid and devastating. The psychological support from the medical centre was non-existent and if it were not for the sensitive care and attention of his primary physician, he would have died . There has been little if any progress in finding a cure or reliable treatment. So this year his primary physician suggested we started him on Natural Herbal Gardens ALS Herbal mixture which eased his anxiety a bit,We ordered their ALS herbal treatment after reading alot of positive reviews, i am happy to report this ALS herbal treatment reversed my dad condition. His quality of life has greatly improved and every one of his symptoms including difficulty in walking and slurred speech are gone. Their official web site is ww w. naturalherbalgardens. c om He will be 74 soon and can now go about his daily activities

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.